"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Slow Down

Have you ever had those days when you look up to the heavens and say, "Really, God? This?...more?  That has been me this week.  It's not big things, like my daughter's cancer, or a death in the family, but little things like kids dumping strawberry syrup ALL over the kitchen, the dog throwing up, the air conditioner going out, or my favorite this week finding out my AC joint in my shoulder is shot!  So, I have to admit, I set out on a little pitty party for myself these last couple of days. This morning during my prayer I finally admitted to myself that a pitty party was not making me feel any better and was a waste of  the time God has given me.  So, humbling myself I prayed for forgiveness and asked God to bless me with a better attitude.

As many of you know faith is not just something you get or you have.  Faith is a constant, minute-by-minute struggle between the good God wants for you and the selfishness the devils wants you to act upon.  Faith takes work.  It takes a constant conversation with God, giving of yourself, and unconditional love for all.  Sometimes we look at ourselves and think, "I am just one person, what can I do?"  But I have come to realize in my own life, that it's the daily little things that we do for others, our family and even those we don't know that have such an impact in the lives of those around us.  I always come, back to this theme, but I just know it's so important, that we can keeep in mind and come to understand how our daily actions, prayers and words can have such an impact on those around us.  If we can fully realize our part in the body of Christ, no matter if we are a stay-at-home parent or head of a Fortune 500 company, our life matters.  God created each of us for specific reasons with specific talents.

Sad to say I have missed this realization for a good part of my life.  Yes, I have always called myself a Christian, tried to do the right things, but until the last few years, I hadn't taken the time to really engage in that conversation with God, to explore God in EVERY aspect of my life.  He's there when doing the dishes, just as He's there when I'm sitting in the pew Sunday mornings.  Let God be with you wherever you go and in whatever you are doing!  There is great peace there.

Blessings,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment